When furnishing a classroom, school desks are one of the first elements you need to think about. Our range of classroom tables includes a variety of styles in different shapes and sizes to suit all age groups. Whether you’re looking to furnish a nursery, primary school, secondary school, college or university; our wide range of classroom tables offers something for every need. With a variety of colours to choose from, our school and classroom tables will fit perfectly into your classroom design and decor. Product ranges include crush bent stacking school tables, fully welded desks and height adjustable classroom desks.
Stacking school desks are a practical choice for multi-purpose classrooms, as they can be stacked one on top of another to offer additional floor space. These robust stackable tables are in stock for fast dispatch, and have steel frames and an MDF bullnose edge; polished and lacquered for a smooth, safe and hard-wearing finish.
Our fully welded and crush bent school desks (including the Enviro range) are available in a variety of different shapes and colours, including rectangular desks, circular or semi-circular school tables, square desks, arc classroom tables, trapezoidal school desks as well as more dynamic shapes like our flower and leaf tables which can be butted together to encourage group work.
Height-adjustable school desks are ideal for primary or junior schools where children will grow and their school furniture needs will change rapidly. They offer a cost-effective solution; rather than replacing desks each year, these adjustable tables can adapt to the changing needs of your students. Adjustable from 400-640mm and available in a variety of shapes and colours, these tables accommodate children aged 2-11 years.
All of our school tables feature laminated tops which are able to withstand constant use, and are wipeable for easy cleaning. Each school desk is purpose-built for education and manufactured in the UK to be fully EN1729 compliant.
Educational furniture, particularly for primary or junior schools, needs to be appropriately sized for the age of your students. All of our classroom desks are available in a wide range of appropriate sizes.
We provide an immediate 30-day credit account to all public sector organisations, including schools, colleges, universities, the NHS, local authorities and Government departments.
Delivery of our Classroom Furniture is free to most mainland UK addresses. Please check our delivery page for postcode exceptions where a delivery cost may be charged.
For more information on our Classroom Tables And School Desks please contact us or call us on 01733 511121. Alternatively, you can view our full range of School Furniture.
The height of your classroom table will depend on the height of the classroom chairs you have chosen. As the chair seat height increases, so does the table height, and the gap between the chair seat and table to allow for leg room for older students. This chart below offers a helpful guide to the BS EN1729 Classroom Furniture Sizing guidelines.
Regulation EN 1729 is part of the European Standards range. It covers functional dimensions for chairs and tables for general educational purposes. All of the school desks we sell are EN 1729 compliant.
School tables can be organised in a variety of different layouts. However, organising them isn’t just about classroom layouts; it’s also about storage. While fully-welded and height-adjustable tables can be difficult to store away (your best bet is to move them to the sides of your classroom if you need additional floor space) our stackable classroom tables offer an easy solution as they stack one on top of another to make them easy to organise at the side of the room.
There are several different styles of classroom arrangement - choosing the right one for your students may involve some trial and error to see which is most effective.
- Standard Front Facing - this is the most common classroom layout, particularly for older students. Desks and chairs are set out in horizontal rows facing the teacher’s desk at the front of the room.
- Standard Central Facing - school desks and chairs are set up on either side of the classroom facing into the middle of the room where the teacher stands
- U-Shaped - desks and chairs are set up in a u-shaped formation with the teacher’s desk at the front of the classroom
- Surround - desks and chairs are set up in a circular or square design facing into the centre of the room where the teacher stands
- Sectional - very common in junior schools and pre-schools, this layout involves individual tables surrounded by chairs in a square or circular fashion.
Our immediate 30 day credit account is offered to all public sector organisations, including schools, colleges, universities, local authorities, NHS, and Government departments. If you belong to one of these organisations and wish to place an order on account, please provide an official purchase order on headed paper with details of the products you require. You can send your purchase order to us by:
- Uploading directly to our PO portal
- Emailing it to: [email protected]
- Faxing it to: 01733 511122
- Posting to: Early Learning Furniture, 38-39 Manasty Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6UP
Please note, we require account payments within 30 days of the invoice date and we reserve the right to levy interest charges on overdue accounts. For more information, speak to our team on 01733 511121.
There are a few different factors to consider when choosing a chair for your classroom
- Size - the size of classroom table you choose will depend on the age and height of your students, and on the classroom chairs you have chosen.
- Style - the style of classroom table you choose will depend mostly on the classroom layout you’ve selected. Individual round desks work well for a sectional layout, while rows will require rectangular desks, and individual seating is better with smaller, square desks.
- Design - if you want to create a coordinated look for your classroom, choose a table design that matches with your other classroom furniture. This might be in colour or material.
See our blog Choosing The Right Classroom Table & Chair Height for more information.
Stacking school tables are a practical choice if your classroom is required to be multifunctional. If you will need to clear the space for other uses, for example, for games or assemblies, then stacking school tables will give you more room as they will tidy away and stack in a smaller space.
Fully welded school tables are desks with sturdy metal frames which have been securely welded. This means that the entire frame is fixed solidly in place, so legs cannot bend or snap.
Yes. Our height-adjustable classroom tables are adjustable from 400mm high to 640mm high. They allow your classroom to grow with your students for a more flexible and affordable option. Height adjustable classroom tables are an excellent choice if several different age groups of students share the same classroom space.
We have several classroom table styles which are in stock for delivery within 7-10 days. Other styles are made to order, delivery times for these range from 10 days up to 4 weeks. Please check individual product pages for estimated delivery times for that design. We deliver classroom tables free to most mainland UK addresses. Please check our delivery page for postcode exceptions where a delivery cost may be charged.
The majority of our classroom desks are sold with a 5-year manufacturer guarantee. However, some of the designs are available with a 10-year warranty. Please check individual product pages or speak to our team for more information on your desired product.