When it comes to updating school dining room furniture it’s important to consider all the facts before selecting which furniture to use in your dining hall. It is absolutely vital to ensure the furniture selected is robust and durable enough to withstand the rigours of daily use, and most of all is absolutely safe to do so.
Of course the type of furniture required may change from site to site with a noticeable difference between nursery and primary school applications.
It is important that you use a well-established brand where child safety standard and quality is of the absolute highest.
The right furniture that appeals to everyone is essential in creating a fun and stylish dining experience for children of any age.
Most dining halls in schools are multi-use areas which usually means the school hall doubles up as the school dining hall for the lunchtime period. Dining furniture is likely to be moved every day, therefore you need to think about the weight of the items and whether it is feasible for staff to handle them.
It’s also vital to ensure they are fit for purpose, so avoid the cheapest options and get the best you can with the budget available to you.
With this in mind we believe that mobile school dining tables are the most effective dining solution and here is why we love them.
Why We Love Mobile School Dining Tables
Our mobile folding school dining tables are a great way of changing your hectic chaotic lunch hour into a reasonably calm, more social dining experience for your students.
They are functional, easy to use and space efficient and ideal for multi-use areas such as a school hall as it can be transformed into a dining hall within minutes.
They have been specially designed for the educational sectorand have undergone rigorous testing to ensure they are the safest, most versatile and easy to use dining solution on the market.
Here is 10 reasons why we love mobile school dining furniture:
- Space saving - our folding dining tables fold in half making them easy to store in and move into position. The closed storage locking position locks them into their narrowest form allowing you to store more than most other dining solutions, which is perfect for schools with limited space.
- Easy glide locking wheels – easy to manoeuvre despite the size of each folding table. Setting up the dining hall is easy and quick to complete and there’s no need for heavy lifting –simply wheel across the hall with ease! The locking wheels allow you to lock them into the storage cupboard when not in use to avoid any tables rolling or moving, but also allows you to lock them into position when in use. This provides a safe and secure dining area for children.
- Fixed seats – no need to worry about matching tables with the right chairs as they come as one singular unit. No losing chairs or being a short, all seats come complete with your dining table. They have been designed so that the seat is the exact correct height and distance from the table top to ergonomically support children while they dine.
- Noise reduction – say goodbye to screeching chair legs across the hall floors, making a less noisy and more relaxed dining experience. The fixed seats mean the overall dining experience is less noisy and more tidy.
- Easy to clean – fewer table and chair legs to contend with makes packing away and cleaning the entire dining hall a quick and easy process, saving on time and staff. Easy clean surfaces make them quick to clean, fold and pack away. Our folding seating units have easy clean table top and seats which will half the cleaning and packing away time after the school dinner break. They feature a 'floor cleaning position' which enables you to access the mess on the floor without the need for moving the entire dining table, which is ideal for keeping the floor clean throughout the dining period.
- Colour selection – available in a variety of table top and seat colours which will enable you to create a stylish and colourful dining experience.
- Shape – available as circular, rectangular or octagonal shape ensuring there is something to suit any school dining hall.
- Table Height – two heights available reaching a wider age range, making our folding dining tables suitable for primary and secondary schools.
- Seating options – available as either benches or singular seats which can seat 8, 12 or 16 children comfortably on one table. Our new Primo Dining Table range offer a new style of seating options – a curved seating option and a stool option. This provides a modern and contemporary look to educational establishments.
- FIRA certified – All of our Mobile Folding School Dining Tables adhere to FIRA testing standards which means they are considered to be structurally suitable and sufficiently stable for severe contract and educational use.
We offer a free site survey which means we can come out and assess your dining space, allowing us to create a dining plan and provide you with suitable dining furniture to accommodate your students and maximise your space.
All of our folding dining tables come with a one year manufacturer’s warranty which can be extended to 16 years with our manufacturer's care and maintenance plan (annual charges apply).
Our mobile convertible folding bench unit is a versatile design and provides a contemporary and modern twist on a school dining table. The unit has a 3-in-1 design to maximise use around educational establishments.
The unit can be used as a classroom table and bench, be joined with another unit to create a cafeteria table or be used as an auditorium style bench.
The unit is fully DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) compliant to facilitate wheelchairs when the table is in use without the seat. The seat and table heights of this unit all conform to BS EN 1729, making the unit ergonomically comfortable as well as providing appropriate posture for children.
Why not try something a little different?? We offer a smart table top mobile dining table which has a colourful, educational table top theme and provides a fun way to engage children during their lunchtime. You can choose from endangered animals, world map or modern history themed table top and this table comes with 12 seats as standard.
Top Tips for Updating Your School Dining Hall
- Create an inviting space which is stylish as well as comfortable. Use attractive colour schemes to brighten the hall up or alternatively stick to the schools branding to create loyalty amongst the students.
- Make sure you have worked out the foot flow and walk ways to ensure you have a smooth and well timed dinner break.
- Choose your furniture wisely to ensure you maximise capacity but minimise set up times and storage space required when the furniture is not in use.
- Choose a company that can design, deliver and install - that's us!
- Take advantage of companies that offer free site surveys so they can assess the dining hall and work out the best furniture solution for your school - that's us!
All our space saving folding school tables are designed for easy use and are perfect for all school dining halls.
We are experts in early years’ education supplies including classroom furniture, school dining furniture and school play equipment.
If you need help selecting the right dining furniture for your school, or for more information about any of our products, please contact us or call us on 01733 511030.