- Start by tying a double or triple knot at one of the jewellery cord to stop the beads from falling off. Before adding beads figure out what you want the message to be and what order everything needs to go in.
- Start stringing the beads starting with your decorative beads. Then start adding the beads for your message.
- Tie a knot after all of the beads have been attached to the jewellery cord, tie this as close as you can to the final bead in order to keep the beads close together. Double or triple tie this to secure it.
- Finally, tie the cord at end with the start of the message to the keychain. Again, knot this several times for security. You can now trim off any excess cord.
Dads will love this custom beaded keychain that they can attach to their keys!
Customised Desk Organiser
Materials needed: 3 clean food cans, metal paint, sponge brushes, gloves (optional), coloured rubber bands, metal rimmed tags, crayons, small binder clips.
- Firstly, paint the three aluminium cans with the metal paint and set them aside to dry. You can wear gloves at this point to stay clean while painting.
- Stretch your coloured rubber bands over the cans. You can create any pattern you want here, try crossing them over or following the grooves of the can.
- Depending on how many cans you are making, write one letter on each of the tags. For example, if you have three cans you could write “Dad”. Loop a rubber band through the hole in the tags and wrap it around the can. Use the small binder clips to attach the cans together.
These are a great gift for dads as they can keep them on their desks at home or at work as a keepsake.
Materials needed: Socks (Not ribbed), 3D fabric paint
- This is an easy one. All you have to do is get a new pair of plain socks (black work best!) and use the 3D fabric paint to draw any designs you want on them. You can make them Father’s Day related or maybe draw some of your dad’s favourite hobbies!